Friday, April 5, 2013

When Did LOVE stop being the focus....


I have been tossing this blog post around - trying to make sure that I am clear in what I say - that my thoughts are not misunderstood or taken in the wrong way...and as I type this, I realize that the people I am most worried about getting this from is "Christians" or "Church people".  I found myself laughing because my same thoughts and frustration is at these people.

I think that the "Church" or "Christians" are very guilty of finding a sin and making it the sin of the decade - and I think that many end up forgetting what HE is about and end turning into exactly what we should NOT be - hateful.  I am so frustrated and hurt by the way believers are using scripture and His teaching to be hateful to the homosexual community.  In the past few weeks, I have seen the constant "sharing" of posts - the pictures that make fun of the equality picture - comments like "I hope they make gum legal" and other ignorant type statements ---- and all I can think is that here are Christians, complaining about being people being "immoral" or "woldly" and in turn acting in the EXACT SAME MANNER ----doing nothing with love and everything with judgement and disdain.  Yet, these Christians are surprised that people reject His love....hmmmm, wonder why?  

I want to be clear - I believe that when it comes to anything that has to do with civil liberties and government issues, benefits or choices, our country was founded on the basis that all men (peoples) are created equal.  I want to be allowed to have freedom to worship and love who I choose, freedom to say and feel what I think, carry a weapon or write a blog without fear of persecution and hatred....and I think that it would be wrong if laws were passed telling pastors what they could and could not preach on, what the church could or could not believe in and in desiring all these things we have to realize that it is just as wrong of us to want these for ourselves, but not every other person have the same rights .... that we have decided that it is okay to group people into who deserves and who doesn't deserve these rights based on what we as humans see as what is acceptable...it is okay for us to be free, but not this group, etc......I can see it now, that there will be people reading this who say she must be backslidden or falling away from God ----- I assure you that this is not the case.....I am just tired of people saying they love Him and want to follow Him, be like Him and then picking a group of people and persecuting them and spewing hatred and not showing love, grace, mercy and all the other attributes that we want Him to show us.  God's love covers all sin - His love is here for all to accept --- we take scriptures in Matthew and assume it gives us rights to judge and point fingers at others sins ---- I think we all forget that we need to be making sure our own life is free and clear - clean from sins...and to be honest, how many people are really honest with themselves about their own sins....it is so easy to point fingers at others, to ridicule, to judge because no really ever wants to look within themselves.  

I have many friends in my life who live this lifestyle.  They are loving, accepting, and kind about my faith choice, my beliefs...the desire to understand what I think just like I desire to understand their thoughts...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-windmeyer/dan-cathy-chick-fil-a_b_2564379.html 

The above article is one of the best articles I have ever read.  The last two paragraphs are so pure and perfect.  What I don't understand is when Christians decided that persecution is more important than showing the love of Jesus...that giving what He has given to us, in all of our sins, is second to pointing out all the "wrongs" we see.  I am not arguing on what the Bible says is sin, I am not saying that we cannot talk to people about what sin is, what He says about it...I am not disputing His word to be untrue...I just believe that hate breeds more hate and persecution breeds more persecution...but love, love plants a seed and love opens doors...it is love that died for us, love that rose from the dead for us and love that took our sin and gave us a way to be with Him forever...I believe that with love, you build a relationship and when people start seeing Jesus in you, then a door can be opened....but when we hate and point fingers, it makes people turn away, feel rejected, and why would anyone want to be apart of that?  

I am not free from sin - in fact I sin a lot...I am not perfect and now, I will probably be more judged by my own group of "church" people and "Christians" then ever before...my desire in this life is to show the same love He has shown me, to show the same grace and mercy He constantly has to show me and most of all, to show everyone that the last you should fear is rejection of that love because you are not fitting the "church" mold that people want to see....

I am not perfect and I will never fit into any mold.

So, at that note, judge me as you see fit...think what you want...read into this more than you should...and feel free to delete me from Facebook, your cell phone and whatever other part of your life because I am to liberal or open minded...go ahead, press delete...



No comments:

Post a Comment