Sunday, January 6, 2013

One week in...

We are a week into the new year and I can already see that He is presenting things in my path to teach me, push me, make me look at myself and really depend on Him....there are things coming up that only He can work out and help me through.  At the end of every year since we have come to Chattanooga, I look back and think that I hope things go differently the next year, maybe are a little easier or "better" and I hope that we are just as blessed in the next year as we were in the last...funny how we hope for all the good we had but want it to be "better" and that it would be less of a "trial"...and I am laughing as I type this because I realize that I am kind of asking Him how I expect things to be or play out and as we all know, telling Him the plan, well usually the opposite turns out.

So, I take back my "orders" and I ask this....more of You, less of me.  Your plan, not mine.  Your will be done, even if it hurts and is hard. Most of all, teach me, help me depend on You and forgive me, because I know that I will cry, probably question, and be scared, but I will keep running to You for the comfort, counsel and provision You always give. 

I am excited for finishing James soon....to start going through Romans with some awesome friends and my husband teaching (he is my favorite person to learn from). I am excited to read through a book with a new friend and hope that relationship grows, as we grow together....

I know that even some of these hopes and excitements may not be exactly what I am imagining, but I know that He is good, He is God and there is a reason for everything that happens - even if it doesn't always make sense.  I don't think I have it all figured out-far from it, but I believe that He is giving me something to reach for.  

This year has already shown some hurts-disappointment in people that you expect more from....realizing that people you thought you had grown close to or built a relationship with doesn't really seem to care...but everything has a season...I am great full for the relationships that I have, the love that comes from them and for the strength that He has blessed them with. 


But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so the the power of Christ may rest upon me.  - 2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

  1. Treat each day as a mini-lifetime. There's always a lesson to be learned, so treat the world as you would a classroom. Perhaps write down the lesson you've learned each night before you go to bed. This way you're always accepting, learning, and moving on--not disagreeing, ignoring, and standing still.

    Just my tidbit of personal advice for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good tidbit--- I should and then read them at the end of the year---❤

      Delete