Monday, February 11, 2013

Book Review: I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp

I am lucky to be a part of a program with Tyndale House Publishers to review books...because of this program, I was able to receive a free copy of Jeremy Camp's "I Still Believe". 

I am so impressed with the true simplicity of the way this is written.  It is the first time I have really read a memoir that I felt you could tell was written by the author - the story of his coming to and falling away from Jesus...to falling in love and marrying his first wife Melissa - to the triumph and tragedy of her life and the loss of her four months into their marriage...to the power that a true testimony can be for future lives...to finding love again and not just any love, but one that understands and has so much love for the relationship he had with Melissa....this was a book that I had to read in one sitting because putting it down was not an option.

I love worship music and I love music that is filled with lyrics that reach into my soul and bring me back to Him.  To read the story of Jeremy Camp's conversion, calling and tragedy that turned ashes into beauty was beautiful....it gripped me, touched me and showed me that in the worst times, in the darkest times, when it feels like nothing make sense, listening for Him and following His requests can bring about amazing things, beautiful healing and start a revival in the hearts of many...

This was a beautiful memoir of a time of trial...the grace of God and His Mercies, flowed from the pages...it moved me, it made me think about the power of His love and I would recommend this book to anyone.

You can check it out here: http://www.jeremycamp.com/IStillBelieve

No comments:

Post a Comment